NSW Windfoil & Wingfoil
Organised by Windsurfing NSW
The 2022/23 windfoil & wingfoil series kicks off for the sixth time in October 2022 incorporating all manner of windfoiling & wingfoiling, including the IQ Olympic class.
New racers are encouraged to join with a single race for a new low price of just $20/day for first time racers. Please make yourself known to the race organisers and pre-register online to make sure you get the required insurance for the day. Shorter course are offered for ‘freeride’ and wingfoils to encourage participation from less experienced racers.
This year we have a 6 event series planned across NSW including trips to Pitt Water, Lake Macquarie, Botany Bay and Jervis Bay (Callala Beach).
Key series information is;
- Windfoil divisions are; open formula foil, iQ and freeride.
- Wingfoil division is open.
- All windfoil and wingfoil divisions race together.
- Normal courses are windward/return, light wind slalom and marathon
- Freeride Windfoil division and wingfoil class race a shortened course.
- Open Windfoil division & iQ division generally race 2 laps.
- Each regatta has a maximum of 6 races.
- Each race has the same scoring weight across the series.
There is a Google Calendar you can link to here www.windsurfingnsw.com/calendar/. (Click the +Google link at the bottom of the calendar). Details below.
Notice of Race WindFoil 2022/23 (pdf)
Sailing Instructions 2022/23 (pdf)
Berowne Hlavaty : berowne dot hlavaty at gmail.com
Murray Towndrow : murray_towndrow at hotmail.com